“Exploiting Symmetries in Artificial Materials for Antenna Applications”, Paris, September 13-16 2021
A training event is organized by the COST Action SyMat and the European School of Antennas (ESoA) in hybrid format (30 places in presence and on the Zoom platform). The course is organized by Sorbonne Université, the Royal Institute of Technology and the University of Siena.
Subjects and Trainers
The course will present properties and applications of artificial materials exhibiting special symmetries and their applications to antennas and microwave devices:
- the theory of glide- and twist-symmetric metamaterials and metasurfaces,
- spatio-temporal symmetries, topology in electromagnetics and applications,
- numerical methods and equivalent circuits for the analysis of these materials,
- the design of lens antennas, of EBG materials, microwave filters and circuits,
- applications to 5G/6G and satellite communications, as well as to automotive and aerospace applications.
The list of trainers includes G. Valerio (Sorbonne Université), O. Quevedo-Teruel (KTH), E. Martini (University of Siena), E. Rajo-Iglesias (University Carlos III Madrid), S. Horsely (University of Exeter), F. Mesa (University of Seville), Z. Sipus (University of Zagreb), M. G. Silveirinha (University of Lisbon), A. Alù (City College of New York). Some of the trainers could give classes remotely.
The course fee is 250€ for academic institutions and 440€ for non-academic institutions, both for in-presence and on-line attendance.
Due to COVID restrictions, a maximum of 30 people will be allowed in presence. The use of face masks will be mandatory during the entire school.
To register for the course please send an email with a CV and a cover letter to Guido Valerio.
The school will take place in September 13th-16th at Sorbonne Université, in the heart of Paris and its university neighborood, at walking distance from the Latin district, Notre Dame, the Marais, the Botanical Garden.